AIGS Lab launches App to verify its gemstone reports
BANGKOK, March 9, 2019 – The AIGS Lab has launched an App that can verify AIGS gemstone reports, creating additional protection for customers.
The App, which is effective from March 10, 2019, can verify the following AIGS reports: AIGS Master Gemstone Report (MGR & MGRS), AIGS Full Report, AIGS Diamond Report, AIGS Master Jade Report (MJR), and AIGS Brief Report.
Customers who download the App may scan their report in order to verify that it is genuine.
Third-party QR code scanners can no longer verify AIGS reports.
“This new App is necessary in order to protect our customers,” said AIGS Chairman Kennedy Ho. “This is the most secure way to verify our reports from now on. I urge our customers to download the App for free on their smartphones, so that they can be absolutely certain that their report is genuine.”
The App is available now free on App Store & Google Play.
The AIGS Lab, which is based in the Jewelry Trade Center in Bangkok, serves the gem and jewelry industry and the public with a comprehensive range of gemstone and jewelry analysis reports, including rubies, sapphires and emeralds.
The laboratory’s primary objectives are:
• To identify the nature of all materials that are likely to be used as gems, and report on them in a clear and precise manner for the trade and public.
• To grade, when possible, colored gemstones and diamonds for quality and to produce appropriate reports to enable both the trade and public to assess their quality for potential purchase.
• To research all aspects of gem materials in order to fully understand their characteristics.
• The AIGS belongs to The Gem Alliance, an informal grouping of gem identification labs, launched by Kennedy Ho, which encourages sharing of research and information.
• The Gem Alliance is growing with the addition of new gem lab groups from across the world.
The members of the Gem Alliance are:
– AIGS Thailand, Kennedy Ho
– GGTL Switzerland, Franck Notari
– GGTL Liechtenstein, Dr. Thomas Hainschwang
– JGGL Japan, Masaki Furuya
AIGS Lab, Thailand
• Jewelry Trade Center (B1 Floor), Silom Road, Bangrak, Bangkok 10500, Thailand
• +66 (0) 2267-4325
• +66 (0) 2267-4327
• [email protected]