AIGS to exhibit at Hong Kong show, 24-hour gem testing turnaround times
February 22, 2019 – The Asian Institute of Gemological Sciences (AIGS) will exhibit at the Hong Kong International Diamond, Gem & Pearl Show and will offer 24-hour turnaround times on gem testing.
“We will be issuing our gemstone reports that are useful for both buyers and sellers, with a turnaround time of 24 hours,” said AIGS Chairman Kennedy Ho.
The AIGS, a leading expert in colored gemstones now celebrating its 40th anniversary, will be at stand number #AWE10-A05.
The Hong Kong International Diamond, Gem & Pearl Show takes place from February 26 to March 2, at AsiaWorld-Expo.
The AIGS Lab, which is based in the Jewelry Trade Center in Bangkok, serves the gem and jewelry industry and the public with a comprehensive range of gemstone and jewelry analysis reports, including rubies, sapphires and emeralds.
The laboratory’s primary objectives are:
• To identify the nature of all materials that are likely to be used as gems, and report on them in a clear and precise manner for the trade and public.
• To grade, when possible, colored gemstones and diamonds for quality and to produce appropriate reports to enable both the trade and public to assess their quality for potential purchase.
• To research all aspects of gem materials in order to fully understand their characteristics.
• The AIGS belongs to The Gem Alliance, an informal grouping of gem identification labs, launched by Kennedy Ho, which encourages sharing of research and information.
• The Gem Alliance is growing with the addition of new gem lab groups from across the world.
* The members of the Gem Alliance are:
– AIGS Thailand, Kennedy Ho
– GGTL Switzerland, Franck Notari
– GGTL Liechtenstein, Dr. Thomas Hainschwang
– JGGL Japan, Masaki Furuya
AIGS Lab, Thailand
• Jewelry Trade Center (B1 Floor), Silom Road, Bangrak, Bangkok 10500, Thailand
• +66 (0) 2267-4325
• +66 (0) 2267-4327
• For press enquiries, please contact David Brough at email@example.com Mobile 44-7990568064.