SURAT, INDIA – Shree Ramkrishna Exports (SRK), one of the world’s leading diamond crafting companies, was recognised with “Green Innovations” and “ESG Impact” Awards at the National Summit on Environmental, Social and Corporate Governance (ESG) 2023, with the theme of “Building a Sustainable Future Together – ESG Solutions for a Resilient World.”
The Summit recognised best industry practices and was hosted by Sigma University of Vadodara and the Indian Institute of Chemical Engineers (IIChE), in technical collaboration with the Petroleum and Explosives Safety Organisation (PESO), UN Global Compact Network India (UN GCNI), the Gujarat Pollution Control Board (GPCB) and the Indian Society for Training and Development (ISTD).
The Green Innovation award recognizes organizations that have introduced groundbreaking solutions, technologies, and practices for environmental sustainability, and the ESG Impact Award specifically recognises substantial positive impact on environmental, social, and governance initiatives–emphasizing measurable outcomes and contributions toward building a sustainable and resilient world.
The awards were received by Dr. Nirav Mandir, Chief Human Capital Officer (CHCO) of SRK, from the gracious hands of Mr. N.M. Surana- Vice Chairman, IIChE (BRC), Dr. Sanjay Gandhi- AVP & Head ESHF, Gujarat Fluorochemicals Ltd. and Chairman-IIChE (BRC), Vadodara, along with Mr. Dilip Desai, Former Regional Vice President (Western India) & National Council Member, ISTD.
For six decades, SRK has gone beyond diamonds to serve people and the planet.
With a long-term vision of a zero-emissions India and world, the company has outlined a detailed net zero roadmap aligned with both the UN SDGs and the SBTi. In partnership with the Global Network for Zero, the world’s premiere net zero certification body, SRK has committed to achieve net zero certification for its two flagship diamond crafting facilities, SRK Empire and SRK House, by 2024 – a full six years ahead of the goals set within the UN SDG framework.
To achieve this, the company is building an off-site solar power plant, electrifying its fleet, planting over 200 acres of trees and more.
Other achievements and ESG initiatives SRK have undertaken include:
- Contributed $3.5 million USD to solar projects, including solar panels for 1,000 employees, donating 750 rooftop solar panels to veterans, and solarizing the entire Dudhala village of 350 homes
- Achieving LEED Platinum certification, the highest level of certification, at both SRK House and SRK Empire, with both buildings scoring in the top five for all LEED certified buildings in the world for operational performance
- Convened the 2023 SRK Sustainability Conclave, an inaugural event designed to empower Indian business leaders to implement effective net zero strategies
- Provided 60,000+ students with educational benefits, including 2,500 youth who have benefited from services at SRK’s authorized training centers, SRK Institute of Diamonds and SRK Institute of Skills
- Created “The Footprints”, a traceability feature pioneering ethical sourcing of natural diamonds mining sourcing
- Funded the construction of 100 dams in the Saurashtra region
- Along with certified membership with the Responsible Jewellery Council (RJC), Dr. Nirav Mandir has recently been appointed as Co-Chair for RJC’s Sustainable Development Goals Task force to promote alignment with UN SDGs in the gems & jewelry sector.
To learn more about SRK’s ongoing sustainability initiatives, visit https://srk.one/pure-sustainability.html.