Bonhams announces a new addition to its sales calendar this year with the launch of new luxury sales at the heart of the city of lights, to take place at Bonhams French HQ on the prestigious rue de la Paix.
Part of Bonhams’ expansion in France will be a new two-part, cross-category sale in May, which will bring together Bonhams’ global luxury divisions to offer a selection of modern and period jewellery, exceptional watches, and designer handbags by world-renowned names. Pieces will be on display and available to view at Bonhams’ Paris HQ.
Patrick Masson, Bonhams Managing Director, UK & Europe, said: “Bonhams new series in Paris takes our Luxury sales to a new level in the heart of the home of luxury itself. Luxury connoisseurs no longer think in categories – a watch collector may collect jewellery as well as whisky or contemporary art. These collectors are excited by sales that contain a wide range of tastes and interests and that’s what Bonhams Luxury series aim to deliver.”
Catherine Yaiche, Director of Bonhams France, said: “This inaugural luxury sale will showcase a curated selection of modern and period jewels, exceptional watches and accessories by the finest luxury brands from Chanel to Cartier, Patek Philippe to Rolex. Bonhams already has a strong presence in Paris with its flagship annual Les Grandes Marques du Monde motor car sale and is looking forward to expanding yet further.”
Handbags and Jewellery, 12.00 CET, Online from 6 – 13 May
This sale will offer universally appealing pieces from some of the greats of luxury jewels and accessories. There will be a special emphasis on the French fashion houses, with pieces from such renowned luxury names as Chanel, Hermès and Louis Vuitton.
- Diamond and Moonstone Art Dèco Bracelet. Estimate: €10,000-15,000.
- G. Nardi Gold and Emerald Charm Bracelet, Venice Scenes. Estimate: €6,000-8,000.
- Aquamarine and Diamond Bracelet. Estimate: €2,000-3,000.
- Chanel Ombre Flap Bag. Estimate: €1,000-1,500.
- Chanel Black Chocolate Bar Evening Bag. Estimate: €900-1,200.
- Cigarette Case in Fabric and Carnelian, Signed Cartier With Box, Circa 1930. Estimate: €1,000-1,500.
Watches, 14.00 CET, 20 May, Live auction
This will be a live and online hybrid sale (an auctioneer at the rostrum in the saleroom, with remote bidding online, by telephone or absentee bidding). The sale will offer up to 100 prestige and collectible watches, with brands including Patek Philippe, Rolex, and Heuer.
Early consignments include:
• FP Journe Resonance. Estimate: €150,000 – 250,000.
• Rolex Daytona Rare Ref 6239. Estimate: €60,000 – 80,000.
• Rolex 5508 Gilt Dial 1958. Estimate: €11,500-17,000.
• Rolex Submariner Metres First 5513. Estimate: €9,000-13,500.
Consignments are being invited to the sales which will be streamed online to a worldwide audience via the Bonhams.com website and new Bonhams app.
Contact: [email protected]