Dating back to the Bronze Age hoops were worn by nobles and stylish [men and] women from Egypt to Persia, Santorini and Nubia. Hoops represent power, unity and infinity. Embraced by various cultures hoops symbolize strength, identity, and a statement of resistance to discrimination.
Below are some new, reimagined bold gold inspired hoops with creative adaptations of the simple shape, sleek curve, different wearable fashionable and artistic interpretations.
All Italian heritage, all individual, made in 18K gold with details like a twisted peak, mixed textured finish, hand hammering, pave diamonds, ombre stones, reflecting ancient architecture or a galaxy far away …..
Gismondi 1754 – Dedalo earrings. Inspired by the genius of the legendary builder Daedalus, creator of the labyrinth of Crete, and the labyrinth style streets of Genoa.
- This contemporary collection plays with the sleek architectural design inverted with some featuring more gold and some cut out and open with light.
- Gold, diamonds and ceramic details as well as black gold round out these modern hoops with roots in the past.
Vendorafa – Hula Hoops, in twisted 18 carat gold reminiscent of childhood fun- the texture of hand hammered gold and super polished combine
- Coming together at a twisted peak with white pave diamonds highlighting a different look at every angle
- Others in Dune and Anaconda are a play on perspective keeping the intrinsic nature of hoop in shape and design parallel to the ear or the peaks, waves and scales are present in the vertical look as well.
- Paolo Costagli – The Brillante Collection’s Ombré hoop earrings in 18kt gold, features bezel set multi-shade oval sapphires in all colorways, hand selected by Paolo Costagli.
- Reimagined from summers spent at the Tuscan shore, this collection highlights the Ombre effect of diverse hues and textures in stones unique in each pair.
Chimento – Stardust hoops are inspired by a night scape constellation of stars over thick gold [white or yellow]. Their dazzling sparkle appears to come from another universe