IJL’s Editor’s Choice 2015 now open for entries
LONDON, March 18, 2015 – Editor’s Choice, International Jewellery London’s exhibitor competition, is now open for entries – with three new inspiring categories.
This annual initiative, now in its seventh year, recognises some of the most innovative and commercial jewellery and watch collections on show at IJL.
The three new categories are Diamonds in Design to celebrate IJL’s Diamond Jubilee, A Moment in Time for contemporary watch exhibitors and In Stile Italiano recognising Italian craftsmanship as part of the chosen Market Focus for 2015.
The judges will be Claire Adler, high profile jewellery and luxury correspondent for publications such as the Financial Times, and Event Director, Sam Willoughby.
“Editor’s Choice is open to all exhibitors and this year, with the new categories, there is something for everyone to enter. All the winners receive prominent exposure at the show, which hand in hand with serious PR coverage, help give them added profile and a real commercial boost” said Sam Willoughby.
Claire Adler added: “IJL Editor’s Choice winners always tell us how much they appreciate the enhanced publicity, additional footfall and access to quality buyers at the show that the win gives them. IJL Editor’s Choice has repeatedly talent-spotted gifted jewellers with a knack for innovative, visionary design, who have gone on to secure significant further industry recognition and success following their win. They include Andrew Geoghegan, Imogen Bellfield, Clarice Price-Thomas, Lucy Q and Jessica de Lotz, to name just a few. Once again, I feel honoured to be a part of IJL Editor’s Choice, especially in the show’s Diamond Jubilee year!”
The eight categories outlined
• Diamonds in Design – NEW – A head-turning diamond piece of jewellery designed in a spirit of celebration to coincide with IJL’s Diamond Jubilee
• In Stile Italiano – NEW – A jewellery piece from an Italian exhibitor at IJL evoking Italy’s flair for impeccable craftsmanship and inspirational design
• Watches – A Moment in Time – NEW – A contemporary watch likely to make an enduring mark on the UK’s expanding watch sector
• Most Innovative New Collection – Applicants are invited to submit 5 to 6 pieces from the same collection for consideration for this special award. The winning collection will be featured on the IJL Runway
• Commercial Vision – A piece or collection produced in volume that demonstrates thorough research of the target market and current trends – destined to become a best seller
• Visual Impact – A show stopping piece or collection that photographs well and will look good on the page
• Overall Originality – A truly unique piece or a collection which highlights the talents of the designer
• Technical Excellence – A piece or collection that is worked with technical innovation or a rarely used technique, resulting in a thought provoking piece
The benefits of winning
A few comments from some of the highlight 2014 winners:
Dave Maine, Director of Chrysalis, the expandable bracelet company, said: “Winning the Editor’s Choice award for Commercial Vision at the IJL 2014 show was an amazing experience for us. As well as providing a great sense of pride, it opened a number of doors for us, giving customers that we had previously only dreamed of dealing with the confidence to give our brand a go. These relationships have continued to develop over the year and are now a considerable percentage of our turnover in the UK.”
Kasun Ekanayake, Creative Director of Kasun London, winners of the Overall Original Category, said: “Winning definitely helped our brand to get more exposure as well as attracting potential buyers to our stand during IJL.”
Jorg Schlieffers, Founder of Saxons of Oxford, added: “We were extremely lucky to win the award for Technical Excellence at IJL 2014. We were amazed that this happened so early on in the existence of our young company. It has certainly had an impact on the awareness of our brand, with customers and followers alike. We have sold many more pieces compared to the previous year. Additionally, as a result of the Award, we seem to get a very high percentage of repeat customers who keep coming back to buy other collection pieces after the first initial sale.”
The competition closes on Friday 15th May 2015. The winning pieces will be unveiled before the show and will also be recognised with a special awards presentation to the winners at the Exhibitors Party on the Late Night Shopping Evening on Sunday September 6.
IJL exhibitors can enter via the IJL website at www.jewellerylondon.com/editor