India Gallery was big attraction at JCK Vegas
MUMBAI, June 2012 – The India Gallery was a major attraction at the JCK trade show in Las Vegas earlier this month, India Gem & Jewellery Industry Chairman Rajiv Jain said.
“The India Gallery showcased exemplary work by Indian designers and brands,” Jain said.
The India Gallery at the ‘Shark Reef’ in the Mandalay Bay Hotel & Convention Centre was a prominent location to show off the most exquisite jewellery pieces from India.
GJEPC India Brand Ambassador Sonam Kapoor adorning earrings by Bapalal Keshavlal
These pieces were hand picked by the Gem and Jewellery Export Promotion Council (GJEPC), who invited India’s leading manufacturers and retailers to show their products.
Key features and highlights at the JCK Vegas 2012 show were:
• A grand inauguration: India Gem & Jewellery Industry Chairman Rajiv Jain along with Ministry officials and the Indian ambassador to the USA, H.E. Mrs. Nirupama Rao, inaugurated the Show with Reed officials. An Indian Cultural dance performance by some of the finest dancers followed the inauguration.
GJEPC India Brand Ambassador Sonam Kapoor adorning neckpiece by Amrapali at India Evening during JCK Las Vegas Show
• India Evening: Hosted on day 1, at Mandalay Bay, the participants watched a show by Kathak dance artiste, Pandit Chitresh Das Company. The showstopper for the India evening was the Indian actress and GJEPC’s International brand ambassador Sonam Kapoor.
• Daily Jewellery Fashion Show: Showcase of Indian designs – Daily half hour display of Indian jewellery designs by models in the Runway Café, Shorelines.
• Indian Cuisine: Chefs from TAJ, Mumbai were flown to Vegas to design a ‘Special India Evening’ menu and serve delicacies.
• Every Day Cultural Act: GJEPC brought a glimpse of Incredible India through cultural performances from Gujarat State.
The India Pavilion located at Bayside Level of Mandalay Bay covered a wide array of fine jewellery products ranging from platinum to gold, diamonds, watches, designer jewellery, antique and estate pieces, bridal jewellery, coloured gemstones, loose diamonds, jewellery services, very high end giftware, and pearls, and was visited by jewellery manufacturers, importers, traders and retailers.