India to take centre stage at Las Vegas trade show
MUMBAI, May 27, 2012 – India will take centre stage at JCK, a leading jewellery trade show in the United States running from 1-4 June at Mandalay Bay Hotel & Convention Centre, Las Vegas, Nevada.
Various India-focused events will take place at JCK Las Vegas to highlight the skills of Indian jewellery designers and the increasing importance of India as a gem and jewellery hub.
Leading Indian actress Sonam Kapoor will take part in the inauguration ceremony, bringing Bollywood glamour to the event.
Key features and highlights to promote the Indian industry at the JCK Vegas 2012 Show will include:
• A grand inauguration: India Gem & Jewellery Industry Chairman (GJEPC) Rajiv Jain along with Ministry officials and Sonam Kapoor will inaugurate the Show with Reed officials. An Indian Cultural dance performance by some of the finest dancers will follow.
• Daily Jewellery Fashion Show: Showcase of Indian designs – daily half-hour display of Indian jewellery designs by models in the Runway Café, Shorelines, Level 2 of Mandalay Bay from 2.00 to 2.30 pm.
• Indian Cuisine: Chefs from TAJ, Mumbai will fly to Vegas to design a special India evening menu and serve delicacies to the invitees of the India Evening. Visitors can experience “Flavours of India” at an exclusive restaurant serving Indian cuisine at the venue throughout the show.
• India Evening: Hosted on the 1st of June at Mandalay Bay, the participants will witness a show by world renowned Kathak dance artiste, Pandit Chitresh Das, along with an exclusive jewellery fashion show. The showstopper for the India evening will be the actress and GJEPC’s International brand ambassador Sonam Kapoor.
• Cultural performances: GJEPC brings a glimpse of Incredible India through cultural performances from Gujarat State. Gujarat will showcase varied cultural pieces. Cultural performances will take place at Lobby Level from 5.30 to 6.00pm.
The India Pavilion located at Bayside Level of the Mandalay Bay covers a wide array of fine jewellery products ranging from platinum to gold, diamonds, watches, designer jewellery, antique and estate jewellery, bridal jewellery, coloured gemstones, loose diamonds, jewellery services, very high end giftware, pearls, etc. and will be visited by jewellery manufacturers, importers, traders and retailers.
It will feature a variety of regionally inspired and product specific pavilions.
India Pavilion by GJEPC has been a participant at JCK Las Vegas since 2004 and the Indian Contingent has grown markedly since then.