By David Brough
ANTWERP – Diamonds supplier Dimexon, a De Beers Sightholder and a leading manufacturer of melee, has published its ESG (Environmental, Social, Governance) report setting ambitious goals for its environmental and sustainability standards.
Dimexon specialises in traceable, calibrated small diamonds of the highest quality and consistency, which the company provides to leading global jewellery and watch brands.
“We aspire to be ESG leaders in the diamond industry, and have set ourselves ambitious targets for the future,” Dimexon said in its ESG report
Highlighted achievements to date of the ESG report, unveiled by top Dimexon executives Rajiv and Vishal Mehta to journalists visiting Antwerp earlier in July, include:
- 50 percent energy reduction at Dimexon’s Mumbai office;
- 54 percent of water at its Coimbatore manufacturing site was recycled and reused;
- 85 percent of Dimexon’s employees are female;
- The company provided 6,000 free meals per week in India during the pandemic.
- Key ESG targets of Dimexon include:
- 100 percent of its suppliers must comply with its responsible sourcing policy by 2023;
- The company will use zero single-use plastic by 2023;
- The company will have 100 percent traceability on individual diamonds of 0.18ct and above by 2023;
- And 100 percent traceability on mixed parcels of diamonds weighing less than 0.18ct by 2025;
- Zero waste to landfill by 2025; and
- Will be carbon neutral by 2030.
Dimexon’s full ESG report can be read here: