IJL seminars to feature Breaking into US, and What Women Want
LONDON, August 2013 – Seminars at this year’s IJL, running from September 1-4, will feature a variety of hot topics for the jewellery trade, such as Breaking into the US and What Women Want.
The seminars are a fantastic opportunity for retailers, designers and manufacturers to discover the latest trends and learn.
All are free to attend, providing vital market information, designed to benefit you and your business.
Keynote seminars and highlights include…
• North America remains a key, dominant market for luxury goods – “Luxury brands position for US boom” says Reuters, echoed by the Wall Street Journal with their headline: “Americans regain a craving for luxury”.
The keynote IJL seminar ‘Breaking into the US’ – Practical Advice on entering the American marketplace’ – is set to be a unique session chaired by Gail Sackloff, OBE, one of the UK’s leading export luxury retail consultants.
Her panellists include – Vicki Sarge, the co-founder of Erickson & Beamon and now creative director of VICKISARGE; Jaqui Lividini the founder of Lividini, the top US brand development agency, who is flying in from New York for the event, and designer Tomasz Donocik.
The panellists will talk about their own experiences – from expert views on US retailing and brand development and marketing to entering the US for the first time as a designer – before opening up the session for questions.
• A consumer panel on ‘What Women Want’ will inspire and inform. Sponsored by the IBB group of companies, featuring Missoma and chaired by Judy Deuchar, founder of brand strategy consultancy The Clifton Studio, the panellists will be drawn from different key age groups and will share their jewellery buying patterns
• Maia Adams, Co-Director of IJL’s brand new trend partner, Adorn Insight, will look at how the catwalks and street style influence the jewellery consumer’s taste and buying decisions. This not to be missed Trends seminar, ‘Taking Inspiration from the Catwalks – Translating Emerging Trends and Applying them to Buying’, will cover fashion to fine.
Juliet Hutton-Squire, Adorn Insight
• Exciting retailers will join forces to discuss ’Visual Merchandising the Right Way – Tips and Advice on Showcasing Jewellery Collections to Attract Customers’. Nathalie Kabiri and the co-founders of Thor & Whistle and Zoe & Morgan will talk about how to create eye-catching window displays to entice new customers, launch and showcase new collections for maximum sales potential and ensure your store is laid out to be the perfect showcase to enable customers to make the right purchasing decision – and boost your sales!
• Luxury jewellery brand, Astley Clarke’s seminar on ‘Establishing your Business Identity’ – examining what goes into creating a luxury brand and making it stand out within the jewellery market.
This insightful seminar will be given by Managing Director Scott Thomson who works closely with founder Bec Clarke. Bec said: “Astley Clarke is at an important stage of growth and Scott’s wealth of experience in building iconic international brands and his strategic vision is pivotal to establishing Astley Clarke as an international multi-channel, luxury brand.”
Scott Thomson, Managing Director, Astley Clarke
• Rapaport’s influential ‘Diamond Report’ is always standing room only. Don’t miss out on the absolute latest in global diamond demand and supply, growth markets, consumer trends and economic indicators.
With plenty more iconic speakers and seminars running across all four days of the show, you can tailor the programme to suit you and attend the seminars which will inspire you most. See the full programme here: http://www.jewellerylondon.com/en/Seminar-Programme/